Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Thursday, September 16, 2010
With corporate travels from the mail room to the board room, Carl E. Reid knows what it takes to be successful. Coming from humble beginnings Mr. Reid learned from his mother of Puerto Rican heritage and his father from Barbados, to keep the bar raised high in the honest values of work ethics to achieve success. Through survival skills learned growing up on the mean streets of the Edenwald projects, in the Bronx, Carl transferred his street smart savvy into the corporate arena. His first introduction to business success was achieved by obtaining his first managerial position at the age of 16.
Mr. Reid has used his life experience and knowledge gained to assist others in achieving their own desired level of success. C.E. Reid continued his quest for success from being a temporary worker in the mailroom to becoming CO-Founder, CEO & President of a successful technology consulting firm NetTECH Systems, located in the New York City area. Carl combined his "must do" attitude and being a student of other successful mentors to climb the corporate ladder to success. Mr. Reid is publisher of the Library of Congress recognized newsletter blog "Savvy Intrapreneur" and is engaged by companies as a professional blogger and social media consultant.
In adition to being a sought after speaker and published author, Carl advises small businesses on Internet Business-2-Business opportunities. Combining 40+ years of business experience with 27 years in the Information Technology field, Mr. Reid has a proven track record in identifying emerging technology business opportunities, before they become trends. He has also helped many people successfully advance their careers and start businesses with 15 years as a Business Career Coach.
Carl's workshops combine proven "career management" techniques with "street smart" business savvy. He learned both perspectives as a career professional, hiring manager, staff recruiter liaison and entrepreneur. Carl E. Reid founded Savvy Intrapreneur, which teaches professionals how to run their career like a business.
- Chief Operations Officer, Empowering Today's Professionals
- Wrote the "foreword' to Win the Race for 21st Century Jobs by Rod Colon
- Creator and Developer of Career Management Swiss Army Knife
- Professional Blogger, Blogging Coach and Social Media Expert
- Business Career Coach
- Social Network Consultant and Administrator for ETP Network, Liberata Dance Theatre and iPower Global Solutions
- Member of Lotus Notes User Group
- Former President, Latinos in Information Sciences &Technology Association’s New York Technology Council
- Published Author in “Computer Monthly” and “Network World” magazines.
- New York City Chapter moderator for International Blackberry Users Group.
- Instructor at Hudson County Community College, Jersey City, NJ. Spearheaded curriculum development and teaching initial Microsoft Office Professional Certificate Course
- Certified by American Seminar Leaders Association
- Member of International Who’s Who Of Professionals
- Graduated #1 in class at United States Marine Corps Communications & Electronics School
- 1st Managerial Position achieved at Age 16
Who Should Attend
- Professionals and business owners who want to be in total control of their business environment by expanding their personal network through the use of Twitter as a powerful social networking tool.
Potential of Using Twitter as a Business Tool
According to a study by RJMetrics published in January 2010 in Computer World magazine, Twitter users have reached over 75 million by the end of 2009. The study also indicated that every month 6.2 million new Twitter user accounts are created. However A February 2009 Compete.com blog entry ranked Twitter as the third most used social network (Facebook being the largest, followed by MySpace), which puts the number of unique monthly Twitter visitors at roughly 6 million and the number of monthly visits at 55 million. In March 2009, a Nielsen.com blog ranked Twitter as the fastest-growing site in the Member Communities category for February 2009. Twitter had a growth of 1,382%.
Tweet yourself to a job or business opportunity
140 characters at a time? People are doing it everyday. How about you? Statistics show that job search and business networking is much more effective when you make “loose” connections - touching base with people beyond your immediate circle whose networks and contacts are much different from your own. With over 5 million users, Twitter offers an unparalleled opportunity to create an extended network.
You Will Learn:
- How to expand your network connections without spending any noticeable time on Twitter.
- How to engage network connections while sleeping.
- How find Twitter conversations between people that share your common interests.
- How to leverage Twitter to maintain your Facebook presence with friends and associates.
- How Twitter can make people willingly connect and help you.
- The secret to creating additional income on Twitter, while maintaining your focus in searching for jobs or business opportunities.
Previous attendee comments:
"This was awesome! I already started doing searches for jobs and companies I’m looking into. -Miguel Soares
"Very good presentation Monday night on a complex topic – I had no idea Twitter was so powerful!" -Lou Piombino
"The webinar was an eye-opener. I got my questions answered and found the “automatic pilot” features fascinating. I never knew you could do all of this in Twitter." -Chip Hartman
"I liked starting at end result and then showing the steps to get there. This was great and a lot to cover. The accompanying documents will be very helpful." -David Brous
I would recommend this webinar to other associates. -Linda Pepe
"I enjoyed the meeting and I have a great deal to look at from all the points you outlined last night" -Bob Cavagnaro
About Webinar Presenter Skip reading the bio and get the 411 by typing "Carl E. Reid" or "C. E. Reid" into Google. With corporate travels from the mail room to the board room, Carl E. Reid knows what it takes to be successful in the business arena. He has over 40 years of business experience, including 26 years as an information technology expert, 16 years as a business career coach and 17 years as a successful entrepreneur. He is CEO of NetTECH Systems Reid & Associates, Inc. Carl has been a professional blogger and social media expert since 2004. In addition to being a sought after speaker, he publishes Library of Congress recognized newsletter blogs www.SavvyIntrapreneur.com and www.iTechSpeak.com . Carl has been published in "Network World" and "Computer Monthly" magazines. He was previously an instructor at "Hudson County Community College" in Jersey City, NJ spearheading the development of a Microsoft Office and Technology continuing education curriculum.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the steps required to get yourself on the 1st page, when your name or business is typed into Google or other search engines.
- Change your career/business from being anonymous and invisible to being known with an easy "do it yourself" global branding campaign.
- Have people contacting you as an expert in your field
- Receive a free copy of "10 Powerful Internet Branding Tips" by Carl E. Reid, author of globally syndicated "10 Powerful Networking Tips Using Business Cards".
- Balance security with developing a well known Internet presence.
- How to know what people are saying about you on the Internet.
- How to ride the tail of well known companies and people to brand yourself.
- How to make "the name you know" be YOU.
- How to create a viral marketing personal branding campaign.
- How "the virtual handshake" networking expands your sphere of influence.
- How to be recognized as an expert in your field.
- How to develop an online career portfolio people want to read.
- How to acquire silent sales persons to market your skills and services for free.
- How to get professional associations to market your service.
- How the "king of the blind men" rule makes people willingly help you succeed.
- Why the Library of Congress says a blog is better than a web site for branding.
- How to do "damage control", if your Internet presence has been identified as less than positive.
- Professionals who are currently working, in a job search or in transition who wish to implement a memorable pre-interview or after meeting positive marketing presence.
- Business owners, entrepreneurs or intrapreneurs looking to create ongoing, low cost, viral marketing campaigns that quickly gets the word out about products and services.
- Company representatives, media or public relations professionals who want to exponentially proliferate branding of their organization, clients, products or services.
Skip reading the bio and get the 411 by typing "Carl E. Reid" or "C. E. Reid" into Google (include quotes to narrow search).
Carl E. Reid has over 40 years of business experience, including 26 years as an information technology expert, 16 years as a business career coach and 17 years as a successful entrepreneur. He is CEO of NetTECH Systems Reid & Associates, Inc. Carl has been a professional blogger and social media expert since 2004. In addition to being a sought after speaker, he publishes Library of Congress recognized newsletter blogs www.SavvyIntrapreneur.com and www.iTechSpeak.com . Carl has been published in "Network World" and "Computer Monthly" magazines. He was previously an instructor at "Hudson County Community College" in Jersey City, NJ spearheading the development of a Microsoft Office and Technology continuing education curriculum.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
These days 2 years at a job is a lifetime. This lively interactive workshop teaches how being a Savvy Intrapreneur means you can easily create career insurance by "running your career as a profitable business". Although everyone is expendable at work, this workshop teaches positioning strategies that make you indispensable to management.
This workshop is for professionals seeking to eliminate the constant fear and anxiety of not knowing how long a job will last. Career professionals thinking about starting a business can also benefit from this workshop. Get your feet wet as an entrepreneur, by learning how to be a savvy intrapreneur at work.
By the end of this presentation you will learn how to:
- Eliminate the fear of losing your job
- Develop a Career Insurance Plan
- Become the "Go To" Rainmaker in Your Company
- Give Yourself a Raise When Management Can't or Won't
- Make the Company CEO and Other Senior Managers Your Personal Allies
- Expand your Sphere of Influence to Land a New Position Within 30 Days
- Achieve a Constant Flow of Job or Business Opportunities
- Make the Employee Manual Rules Work to Your Advantage
- Be in the Driver's Seat of Your "Career" Environment
- And many more topics . . .
This lively interactive presentation provides the networking secrets employed by successful people. Whether a person is a business owner or a career professional, learning the correct approaches to networking is crucial to success. Utilizing these proven networking techniques, provides a solid foundation for developing profitable business relationships for life.
This presentation is for smart professionals interested in securing a steady stream of customers, clients and business opportunities. People new to networking or a seasoned networkers will benefit from this presentation.
By the end of this presentation the audience will learn:
- Why networking does not work
- How to become the greatest conversationalist in the world
- How to make a person remember you
- How to overcome shyness using the "Law of Attraction"
- Why timing is crucial to follow up
- How to work smarter in keeping up with everyone you meet
- How to remember telephone conversations months or years later
- The difference and how to leverage the unknown, known and "trusted" networks
- How to tune into WIIFM for a continuous stream of profitable business opportunities
- How to develop a "virtual" network using the Internet
- And many more topics . . .
A web log (blog) is one of the most powerful, low cost, marketing tools available for getting the word out about your business or skills. A blog works similar to a press release in globally syndicated a person or company. Learn proven blog marketing tips from a Professional Blogger. As a powerful marketing tool, a blog can explode traffic to your web site and increase sales. Blogging can market your business or be an income producing business.
This presentation is for business owners and professionals interested in learning how to market their products or services using a blog. Attendees will also learn how a blog strategically compliments a web site or can be substituted for a web site. Anyone who can send an email, can create and maintain a Blog.
By the end of this presentation the audience will learn:
- The 10 key components that make up a blog
- Free places on the Internet offering blog hosting
- How to use a blog as a powerful marketing tool to get your web site a 1st page ranking on search engines, with a few mouse clicks
- How to establish a global business presence by syndicating your blog
- How your blog can make you a sought after "Expert" in your field of expertise
- How to EXPLODE traffic to your web site for increased sales of your product or services
- Considerations for creating a Corporate blog
- How to get partners who will pay you to blog
- How to write articles for your blog, even if you hate to write or don't have the time
- Where to get ideas for articles
- How to get people to subscribe to your Blog and turn more web site visits into sales, using RSS technology
- Why a person will visit a Blog faster than a web site
- How to start a business just blogging